WAKE UP HOMESTAY
New Sanctuary for Backpackers in Jogjakarta
|Source: Wake Up Homestay|
Short story, me and my friends went to Jogja to attend our best friend's wedding. After that, some of us flew back to Jakarta (because tomorrow is Monday which means: working!, and some got to pack the bag to go back to Bonn), some still in Jogja but stayed separately (there are who stay in my friend's borading house, or their family members in Jogja).
Where I stay in Jogja? Back home, I booked a new hostel located near Malioboro, called Wake Up Homestay. Reasons why I pick this hostel because:
- It's new, so there's a guarantee that I won't get itchy by the bed bugs lol (although I always perpare myself with my second skin––a light version of sleeping bag)
- They have Wifi
- Since it's new (established in 2014, a year ago), the interior is nice and I kinda like it!
- It comes with a good price, not the cheapest (you can find many cheaper hostel in Jogja), but since it's new (guaranteed no bed bugs) and the location is very strategic, it's a fair trade!
- There are two types of dorm; IDR 135,000,-/bed for mix dorm (10 person/room) or IDR 150,000,-/bed for female dorm (4 person/room), bunk bed style, each has their own curtain, electricity socket and personal light reading lights! And from the pict that I look on the web, the bed look nice too!
- I love their website too! hahaha
Does everything that I've seen on the internet meet my expectation in the reality? Y.E.S! Yabsolutely. The place is absolutely nice, neat and good ambience. Comfortable bed and pillow with the good service of air conditioner charge my energy to the max! Each bunk bed has their own curtain, electricity socket and personal reading light as what they write on their website. And from the pict that I look on the web, the bed look nice too!, The shower room separated; for him and for her. They have hot water! Ah that's just what I need to get more relax! The staff very friendly and also very helpful. I was planning to see sunrise at Borobudur and they helped me to find the accommodation.
However, because there's a bar across the road, sometimes it can be quite noisy in the night. The best advice for me is to not the room near the street. Or, maybe one day they can have
The last day of my stay in this hostels I meet the owner and their back-office staff. They happy to see local backpacker staying in their hostel––mostly their visitors are foreigners. They were also excited to hear my experience of staying in their hostel and asked if there were anything that need to improved. I hope they keep maintaining the cleanliness, since it's new it will be much easy to maintain with high standard of cleanliness from the beginning. I also write a review in Tripadvisor. Because I am a happy visitor!!! Well done Wake Up Homestay, see you when I see you!
Wake Up Homestay
Jl. Gandekan Lor no. 44
Yogyakarta - Indonesia
Phone : +62 274 514762